Wednesday 3 October 2007

#5 For which I have no title

My little trip to the Criterion yesterday was very enjoyable. Neil was charming as always and does a rather good Jonathan Ross impersonation. I queued to get books signed afterwards. And it was a loooong queue, but I had a nice time talking to new people. I also got a notebook I've had for a while scribbled in, because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

I made the mistake of subscribing to a number of the NaNoWriMo threads/forums yesterday and woke up this morning to over 90 emails. I LIKE getting emails, but that's too much, even for me.

Anyway, work calls (unusually).


EDIT: Here is my notebook. It's kind of random unless... Ok. Explanation. This is a lovely leather bound notebook that the person who gave it to me described as a 'grail diary'. Think Indiana Jones. So I explained (in a rather rambling but still somehow coherent fashion) to Neil that it was such a lovely notebook it deserved something GOOD written in it but that I didn't have anything yet and I didn't want to ruin it. And he said "So you want me to ruin it first?" and well yes, I did, please. And we talked a little and he doodled this for me on the first page. Not sure if it'll make me write any more. I'm the only thing that makes me write more, really, for all I like to pretend that various acoutrements will help me. But it's sort of nice and the picture makes me smile.


4 comments:

Julia Buckley said...

Even if you fill the book with crap it'll mean more to you when you find in a dusty drawer in a few years than if you leave it blank. Go ahead and scribble!

Thanks for dropping by my blog, I've added you to the blogroll.

FrostIntoFire said...

You're most probably right! I think once NaNo is over I might see my way to filling it up with a few things.

Anonymous said...

I have just the same problem with pristine notebooks. What an awesome thing to have written on your front page. It will probably make all of your scribblings utter genius!

hi, btw. Good luck for nanowrimo. I'm trying to friend you but failing at the moment!

FrostIntoFire said...

Hi Abi!
Well, I wish it would make my scribbles into genius. I love buying myself beautiful notebooks, but I just can't bring myself to write in them. Maybe that'll be my after-NaNo project - to fill them all up with something!

The whole NaNo site is being difficult right now. Hopefully, they'll reinstate being able to buddy people once the furore of Day One has died down.